I am a fully qualified Body Control Pilates Instructor, but do you know what this means?
A body control teacher is required to follow a strict code of practice including the following guiding principles:
– Maximum 12 clients per class
– Continuing their personal Pilates education
– Gives full attention to the comfort and safety of clients at all times.
– Only prescribes exercises suitable for the age, experience and physical condition of the client. Clients are assessed upon enrolment.
– Treats all information received from a client as wholly confidential.
– Hold a current certificate in CPR (Basic Life Support) and have adequate and valid insurance cover.
By drawing on the latest sports and medical research, Body Control Pilates is safe and effective.
Many of Joesph Pilates original classical exercises are broken down so they can be taught progressively to all. Each exercise will teach you a new movement skill, gradually developing your body awareness, increasing your strength and flexibility and improving your posture and co-ordination.
By working on the deep architectural structure of the body, ‘core stability’ is achieved, and then maintained, through increasingly complex movement sequences. Specific problem-areas can be targeted by an exercise, but always in relation to the rest of one’s body.
Your body awareness is heightened by bringing together mind and body – Body Control Pilates literally teaches you to be in control of your body, allowing you to handle stress more effectively and achieve relaxation more easily.
The Body Control Pilates Method can work for everyone, regardless of fitness level!
Exercises can be mat or machine based, but mat-work exercises have a great attraction in that they need no special equipment, and are particularly safe for those with back problems (and don’t forget that 95% of the UK population has, or has had, backache). Its consistent success rate in solving such problems has brought it to the attention of osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists and homeopathic doctors.
Pilates is suitable for any age group and, in fact it plays a key role in many injury rehabilitation programmes in dance, sport and general practice. It also:
– Relieves unwanted stress and tension
– Targets the deep postural muscles, by building strength from inside out
Reshapes your body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned
– Improves posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
If you are a beginner, improver or advanced, and interested to know more please contact me.